Discover the best beaches in the world: Rodas (Cíes), Varadero (Cuba)…
Is it possible to make a list of the best beaches in the world? We live on a planet three-quarters of which is made up of water, and we have just over 595,000 kilometers of coastline. Nearly 40% of the world’s population lives around coastlines.
In addition, each year an even higher percentage chooses to spend their holidays in vacations at the beachIn the summer you can find plenty of offers in hotels, rooms, apartment rentals and all kinds of leisure and gastronomy. So, with so many people populating or visiting every summer the beaches around the globe, how to agree on which is the best beach in the world, how to choose the best destinations?
- Discover the best beaches in the world: Rodas (Cíes), Varadero (Cuba)…
- The most beautiful beaches in the world
- Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
- Varadero Beach, Cuba
- Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA.
- Eagle Beach, Aruba
- North Beach, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Baia do Sancho Beach, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- La Concha Beach, San Sebastian, Spain
- Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Bávaro Beach, Dominican Republic
- Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
- The world’s best beach: Rhodes Beach
- Best beaches in the world: Beyond America
- Vacation on the beach
- Quizás te interesa…
- ¿Tienes alguna duda?
- The most beautiful beaches in the world
The most beautiful beaches in the world
Every year, the U.S. travel portal TripAdvisor awards the Travellers’ Choice awards to the 25 best beaches in the world, based on millions of user reviews. Here is a selection of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world awarded in 2018.
Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
Beach of calm waters and calm waves, where you can enjoy all the splendor of the Caribbean and the wonderful tropical climate.
Located in the town of Negril, on the west side of the island, Seven Mile Beach (which is actually just under seven miles long), is the most popular beach on the island. is characterized by its coves, its beautiful and calm turquoise waters and its offer of resorts and more than 50 hotels.with all kinds of leisure and water sports offers for children and the whole family.
Not only does it appear on these lists of best beaches in the world in 2018, but Seven Mile Beach in Jamaica has been included in TripAdvisor’s rankings of most beautiful beaches in the world for years.
Varadero Beach, Cuba
In the northwest of the island of Cuba, 130 km from Havana, we find a paradise of crystal-clear waters and white sand.
It is the most important tourist destination in Cuba, with an extensive network of 4 and 5-star hotels offering more than 25,000 rooms. With its more than 20 kilometers, it is internationally recognized as the most beautiful and fascinating beach of the island, and possibly of the entire archipelago of the Antilles. It also has a wide range of sports activities, with some twenty diving areas to contemplate the amazing marine biodiversity, as well as an attractive cultural offer in the entire Varadero area.
Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA.
In the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, in the western coasts of Florida, United States, Clearwater Beach, located in the town of the same name, is often considered the best beach in the entire North American country.
Located in a town that has its origins in a military fort, it went from being a rest area for wounded soldiers in the 19th century to, now in the middle of 2018, one of the most important tourist and retirement areas in the United States. It has a stable population of nearly 120,000 people and one of the most attractive cultural offerings in the state of Florida.with special attention to the many fairs and events where gastronomy and music go hand in hand, guaranteeing the best of both worlds. a great experience for a family vacation with a quiet family atmosphere. There are direct flights to Tampa, only 30 kilometers away.
Eagle Beach, Aruba
In the heart of the Lesser Antilles, belonging to the small autonomous state of Aruba, Eagle Beach is considered by many travelers as the best beach in the world.
In the city of Oranjestad, we are in front of a spectacular beach of calm water of an intense blue and kilometers of fine white sand but without the overcrowding that unfortunately is usual in these places. All this makes it a quiet place to enjoy a real vacation.
It has nudist areas, always within the resorts, and sometimes in its pools you can go topless, but it is advisable to be well informed of the exact locations, since nudism is generally prohibited in Aruba. You can also enjoy surfing in this privileged place.
North Beach, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Off the coast of the Yucatan, on one of the most famous islands of the Riviera Maya, Isla Mujeres, lies an almost infinite natural pool: Playa Norte. This denomination is due to the absolute tranquility of its waters, as well as its immersion with such a slight slope that you can enjoy even without knowing how to swim, you could walk dozens of meters without the sea water passing your waist.
Along its little more than 1.2 kilometers you can enjoy one of the most beautiful sunsets that can be seen in the world. It is not easily accessible by ferry from Cancun, so don’t expect millions of rooms ready for booking or sprawling resorts. Its small hotels and beach clubs are camouflaged among Mexico’s abundant vegetation. For a vacation in paradise.
Baia do Sancho Beach, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
Awarded for years as the best beach in the world according to TripAdvisor (in 2018 it was snatched by Grace Bay), Baia do Sancho beach, Brazil, is located on the largest, and only inhabited, of the islands of Fernando de Noronha, a volcanic archipelago belonging to the state of Pernambuco.
It is a very quiet place, since its accessibility is not easy, although there are flights from mainland Brazil, and it invites you to take walks, fascinated by the flora and fauna of the place, in the middle of a privileged environment. The island will take about two and a bit hours to walk the entire island, but if the reward is reaching Baia do Sancho, one of the best beaches in the world, it will always be worth it and will be an experience of a lifetime.
La Concha Beach, San Sebastian, Spain
Chosen again in 2018 as the best beach in Europe. Located on the northern coast of Spain, right in the center of the majestic city of San Sebastian, in Guipuzcoa, we find a small oasis of 1.5 kilometers of white sand and fresh waters of the Cantabrian Sea, with a much rougher sea than those of other beaches that appear on this list.
In the middle of the bay, we will also find Santa Clara Island, which was formerly connected to the main promenade, but today it is necessary to access by boat (there is service every half hour), and where we find a small beach that can only be enjoyed at low tide.
It may not be the best beach on this list for sunbathing, but the overwhelming hotel, cultural and gastronomic offer of San Sebastian, make La Concha one of the most beautiful beaches in Spain and one of the best destinations you can find without leaving the country.
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
This time, we are in Grand Cayman, the largest of the three islands that make up this archipelago in the middle of the Caribbean Sea dependent on the United Kingdom.
Although it shares a name with its “sister” in Jamaica, the experience on both beaches will not be the same. Of course, it also has its beautiful hotels and all the means to make you live an unforgettable vacation, but it is a much quieter environment, ideal, for example, for a honeymoon or go with children.
Don’t forget your goggles and snorkel, as you will be on one of the best diving beaches in the world.
Bávaro Beach, Dominican Republic
It is difficult for us to leave America in this list of the best beaches in the world. We now travel to Bávaro Beach, Bávaro, Dominican Republic.
A beach in the middle of the tourist region of Punta Cana, at the easternmost point of the island of Hispaniola, Playa Bávaro originally emerged as a center of residence for the employees of the hotels that were located along the entire east coast of Punta Cana.
However, over the years, Playa Bávaro is one of the biggest attractions in the whole region, an ideal place to sunbathe from morning to night and share your photos on the networks while you do nothing but relax. For many, the perfect vacation. Of course, don’t forget to make your reservations well in advance, rooms and apartments fly in Punta Cana at any time of the year.
Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
For 2018, the honor of being the best beach in the world according to the web portal TripAdvisor goes to Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands.
This small territory of the Turks and Caicos Islands belonged to Jamaica until the independence of this country in 1962, and is currently under the tutelage of the United Kingdom. A former refuge of pirates in the 18th century, annexed by the British crown to its territory of the Bahamas and, unfortunately, with current political conditions that can only be improved, this micro country is made up of eight main islands and more than twenty smaller islands.
Its sparse population is about 32,000 inhabitants in 2018, but an increase in tourism in recent decades means that they receive about one million people a year who choose it as a destination for their vacations and leisure trips.
On Providenciales, its most populated island, is Grace Bay Beach. A sandy beach of intense white color with a sea in different and incredible turquoise color make it the winner of the Travellers’ Choice award for the best beach in the world in 2018. Also noteworthy are its conch shell farm, unique in the world, and one of the largest coral reefs that can be seen on the planet.
The world’s best beach: Rhodes Beach
It is the jewel of Galicia. In the middle of the Atlantic Islands National Park, this is the largest beach of the Cíes Islands (Vigo, Pontevedra), as it joins the islands of Monteagudo and Faro.
It presents a crescent shape of incredibly fine white sand, bathed by the turquoise and green waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The whole environment is surrounded by a wild pine forest. Pure contact with nature.
In front of the beach, we have the Vigo estuary, and behind it we have the Lake of Cíes, of great marine biodiversity, since it is communicated with the oceanic waters through the eyes of the breakwater. This communication is also responsible for its crystalline waters, since it experiences the continuous purifying effect of the tides.
Its accessibility is not easy. It can only be accessed by boat, either privately or by a shipping company boat.
For this reason, its appearance is that of a practically virgin beach. However, this does not prevent the existence of a wide range of tourist services: hotels, camping, security, lifeguard, Red Cross post and public services.
Best beaches in the world: Beyond America
It seems that the year 2018, the top 10 best beaches in the world is almost exclusively copulated by America, with the honorable exceptions of La Concha Beach and our champion, Rhodes Beach in the Cies Islands. And it is very difficult to resist the sun and sea of the Caribbean.
However, we do not want to leave out some of the most beautiful beaches in the world that have not made this list.
- The beaches of the Andaman Sea area in Thailand, north of Sumatra, with micro archipelagos such as the Phi Phi islands, where the famous movie The Beach was filmed, are also considered among the group of the best beaches in the world.
- White Beach in Boracay, Philippines. It is the most touristic island in the country and it is not for nothing. Kilometers of sand, an enviable sun, its small apartments and the charm of the population are its main qualities.
- Matira Beach, in the atoll of Bora Bora, French Polynesia. An extinct volcano surrounded by thousands of kilometers of Pacific Ocean. Of all the islands we have mentioned, this is perhaps the loneliest. Pure relaxation.
- Agathi Beach, Rhodes, Greece. Back in Europe, we find some of the best beaches of the old continent. With little wind and little swell, it reminds us of the Caribbean due to the shallow depth of its waters, which makes it ideal to enjoy it with children. And you can see and feel that you are in one of the most mythical historical places of all humanity. Rhodes was home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Colossus of Rhodes, the gigantic statue to the god Helios, in the 3rd century BC.
- Whitehaven or Turquoise Bay in Australia. Their names alone evoke the paradise that can be found in one of the countries with the longest coastline in the world. Magazine landscapes, miles of white sand and summer sunshine when in the northern hemisphere we are in the middle of winter! However, be aware of their high prices.
- Dona Ana Beach, on the Gold Coast of the Algarve in Portugal. An area that looks like something out of a fairy tale in mainland Portugal.
- Beaches of Begur, on the Costa Brava, Spain. Today, the state and conservation of the Costa Brava seems like a miracle. Easily accessible coves, family character, and the best hotels and even a Parador Nacional. The ideal plan for a dream vacation with children.
Vacation on the beach
We are sure that after reading this article, you can’t think of anything else but sun, beach, sea, vacations, swimming pool, rest, bathing and leisure.
We understand you perfectly, and that’s why we want to give you a few tips to make your travel plans perfect:
- Get informed. As much as you can. Information is power and we have more information than ever at our fingertips. Consult all the details you think you need to take into account about your destinations when planning your vacations: environment, climate, access, transportation, flights, stay, … Keep in mind that all these factors tend to vary depending on the time of year, so try to keep yourself updated.
- Plan. To live your vacations to the fullest. It doesn’t matter if you are a sun and beach lover, if you prefer to immerse yourself in the culture of the place, if you are more into gastronomic tourism or if you want to soak up art and beauty. We believe it is important to have a clear idea beforehand about how you are going to spend your vacation days and the destination or destinations you want to visit. This way, you will be much better prepared for any unforeseen event that may occur during your trip and you will enjoy your stay much more.
- Compare. Choose the best for you and yours. Nowadays, any tourist destination offers travelers an infinite number of options. Don’t hesitate to compare prices of hotels, rental apartments, rooms, flights, etc. There are hotel chains that offer free stay for children, there are also hotels for adults only, so you can go with your pet, all-inclusive themed resorts… The options are endless, and you will see hundreds of different offers to look for, but remember that you can use different web portals dedicated to comparing the price of your vacation to get the most out of your budget.
- Reservations. Whenever possible. The sooner you can book, the better for your peace of mind and, in many cases, also for your pocket. The price of a flight, cruise, rental car or other means of transportation is likely to be cheaper if instead of booking days in advance you book weeks in advance, even months, if you have the opportunity. You will also notice how you can save a few euros on your hotel reservation if you book well in advance and have clear check-in and check-out dates.
- Above all,
. You’ve earned it. It’s your vacation and we want you to have as much fun as you can. Laugh, eat, drink, sunbathe, take a dip in the sea or pool, take lots of pictures and don’t forget to share!